Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Day

Now that things have calmed down a bit, I can share with you about Ashley Hyde Day!

January 12, 2011 was officially declared Ashley Hyde Day in Oklahoma County.

I met County Commissioner Brian Maughan (District 2) at our Miss Oklahoma City card signing party. He, along with Commisioner Ray Vaughn (District 3), wrote a proclamation declaring the day. Here's a cell phone picture of the actual resolution.
I was honored to be invited to the weekly Commissioner meeting to hear my resolution read and passed. I was able to speak with those in attendence about what The Art of Encouragement is and what our goals are for the immediate and extended future. Here's a (not so great) picture of me with the Oklahoma County Commissioners

(Ray Vaughn/District 3, Me, Willa Johnson/District 1, and Brian Maughan/District 2)

After my exciting meeting with the County Commissioners, I was suppossed to be a guest on News Channel 9 @ 4 with Lauren Nelson and Christina Eckert, but their show had some last minute additions and I was bumped to Thursday. I went in on Thursday and did a quick interview with Christina and Amanda Taylor. They were wonderfully kind and made me feel good about the interview even though I felt like I did poorly. Luckily, we were able to get the word out there about TAOE and I've already received a few responses from people who saw the show. News 9 was even kind enough to share our website via their own, and share a few of our pictures on air.

While my TAOE activities for Ashley Hyde were over, I had one last bit of excitement. Last May I taped an episode of TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras here in Oklahoma City. By some coincidence, the episode just happened to air on "Ashley Hyde Day". I enjoyed the show with some of my close friends, and we did plenty of laughing at my expense. What are the odds I'd make it on national television on "Ashley Hyde Day"?
Too bad I was talking about glitz pageants and not The Art of Encouragement! Maybe next time ; )

Ashley Hyde
Founder of The Art of Encouragement


To help us raise $2,000 to send 20.000 cards, please click the donate button below!




No comments:

Post a Comment